So now I'm in the process of re-customizing my phone, which is annoying, but also, fresh starts are nice sometimes. Here again, for the Google Gods, are the hoops you have to jump through to set your N95 to run as a bluetooth modem on your Macbook Pro, this time running Leopard OS X.5.2, if your carrier is Cingular/AT&T:
- Run Bluetooth Setup Assistant and configure the phone as a modem with the generic Nokia bluetooth modem script (no more need for Ross Barkman's excellent scripts).
- Account name is WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM and password is CINGLAR1. Everything else stays default.
- Once you've set up the device, on the command line "cd /dev" then "ls" and take note of how your bluetooth device is named. You should see something like "cu.Bluetooth-Modem" and "tty.Bluetooth-Modem"
- "cd /etc/ppp" and create a file named "options.cu.Bluetooth-Modem", or whatever the device is named in step 3.
- In the file, add these three lines:
- Save, restart, and connect!